"Christ is not Weak" in Dealing with Sin

This will be my third visit to you. "Every matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses." 2 I already gave you a warning when I was with you the second time. I now repeat it while absent: On my return I will not spare those who sinned earlier or any of the others, 3 since you are demanding proof that Christ is speaking through me. He is not weak in dealing with you, but is powerful among you. 4 For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God's power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God's power we will live with him to serve you.
2 Corinthians 13:1-4
>
Paul wrote that he would "not spare those who sinned earlier or any of the others" because Christ was not weak, but powerful in dealing with habitual, pervasive and gross sin in the church.
>
What sin was Paul talking about? The sins of "many who have sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual sin and debauchery in which they have indulged." 2 Cor 12:21. He was also going to deal with those engaged in "quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, factions, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder." 2 Cor 12:20
>
As Pastor, I need to learn (and teach my fellow leaders) to deal strongly with believers (and perhaps so-called believers) that are willfully and habitually sinning in the areas mentioned by Paul above. These sins stain the church with impurities and weaken or destroy unity and good order in the church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men