Leaders are Trainers

In her book Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands, Nancy Ortberg writes “Leadership is the promise of development. Whether it’s stated or not, inherent in great leadership is the promise that as a result of being led by me, you will emerge more connected in your relationship to God and stronger in your gifted areas. If you are my leader, it is my right to expect that I will receive that from you. And not only that, but to expect that as my leader, you will be a primary source of my development.”

As leaders of men and women, we owe the people who follow us the commitment to train them and develop them for their good and growth and for the expansion of the Kingdom of God.

This is what Jesus spent 3 years doing with the apostles.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men