Passion

Do any you lack passion? At times I do. Life has a way of getting us down. But God gives us Hope and Passion.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.
Isaiah 9:6-7

Hope. That is what Isaiah’s prophecy is all about. Hope of God’s Son taking over as Ruler of the World. It will bring greater joy to the world than when Obama gave his victory speech in Chicago. Jesus Christ will rule as a “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” Justice and righteousness will run through the streets forever.

What will ensure that this will happen? What will make this Hope a sure thing? "The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this." According to dictionary.com “zeal” means enthusiasm, eager desire, intensity, and passion. So God’s “zeal” or passion will drive Him to make sure that our Dream and Hope of our "Wonderful Counselor" reigning will come true.

As I read this passage the other day, I simply began praying for passion in my life – passion for God and his things. He has passion and so should I. His passion will one day lead to my greatest hope becoming a reality – eternal life with my Savior. So my greatest gift that I can give God is to love Him and have a passion for the things He is passionate about.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men