I'm Leaving

Rick Warren says that the #1 reason people leave a church is unresolved personal conflicts. Regrettably, this seems to be true.

This is how he puts it in a message to his church leaders:

"The church is a family. Do families have conflict? Disagreements? Sometimes I violently disagree with my wife. And she violently disagrees with me. But my commitment to her is no less than 100% and vice versa. I can think of some people who’ve been around here for nearly eleven years and they’re have been times where we’ve disagreed over different things. But I’m committed to them and they’re committed to me and we’re still here together. I think that people need to learn how to handle conflict without getting a divorce. Too many people want to divorce their church. It’s the easier thing to do. But they go to another church and find out it’s not perfect either. You’re never going to find a perfect church. If you do, don’t join it. Then it won’t be perfect any more."

Paul encourages us to "bear with one another in love" and to "make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace". But its always easier to cut and run than to stick with one another and resolve conflicts in a Biblical manner.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men