What do you smell like?

Many times after playing football or basketball I stink.  Not even my wife wants anything to do with me until after I shower.  So much for unconditional love.

But what do I smell like to God?

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. 15 For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 
2 Cor 2:14-15

To God I smell like Christ.  Since we who are saved have the Spirit of Christ in us, we smell like Christ to God. It's a good smell.  In fact we are the "aroma of Christ".  The word "aroma" in Greek means a "sweet, savory smell". We smell sweet to God.  

As our heavenly Father smells Christ's sweet aroma and loves Him with unconditional love, so He smells the sweetness of Christ in each of us and loves us with deep unmerited and unconditional love.


Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men