Loyalty

Ruth is one of the best examples of loyalty in the Bible.  Although her mother-in-law begged her to return to her own people after the death of her husband and get a new husband from her own people, Ruth refused - "Ruth answered, “Don't ask me to leave you! Let me go with you. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God. Wherever you die, I will die, and that is where I will be buried. May the Lord's worst punishment come upon me if I let anything but death separate me from you!”  Ruth 1:16-17 GNT

Why was Ruth so loyal?  Not because Naomi demanded it, but because of the selfless LOVE Naomi always expressed towards Ruth. Loyalty is not something we demand from others, its something we give to those who have loved us greatly. We should be loyal to those who love us, but our greatest loyalty is to God who graciously gave His Son to die on a cross and save us from our sin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men