God’s Sovereignty and Man's Ability to Choose

Does man have free will to choose God or does God move a man's heart so that he must choose God?
Jer 24:7 - I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.
Jer 29:13 - You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
These verses seem to answer the question in contradictory ways. And so do many verses in Scripture point to two different and opposite conclusions. This falls into what can be called an antinomy.
Antinomy:
A contradiction between two apparently equally valid principles or between inferences correctly drawn from such principles.  Miriam Webster Dictionary
A contradiction between two beliefs or conclusions that are in themselves reasonable; a paradox. Oxford Dictionary
What to us are irreconcilable principles, to God its not a problem because He's got a bigger brain. Let's accept what God has said and move on.

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men