Everything Comes from God

I heard a preacher once say "everything comes from God and everything will go back to God". And I believe that is true and that is why we need to learn to be generous with everything God provides us. When David killed the Amalekites and plundered them, since they had attacked and plundered Ziklag, he came back with a lot of booty. Some bad men didn't want to share the plunder with those who had stayed back guarding the supplies because they were too tired to keep going. But David replied "No my brothers, you must not do that with what the Lord has given us." (1 Samuel  30:23) David recognized that it was God who had given them the victory, and given them the plunder so they needed to share it instead of hoard it. I need to learn to share generously what God has given to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men