When the Hand of God is on You

"The king had granted him everything he asked, for the hand of the LORD his God was on him." Ezra 7:6 - Ezra got everything he asked from the king because God's gracious hand was on Him. This phrase is repeated 3 times in chapters 7-8. As I read these verses I wondered, "Wouldn't it be great to have the gracious hand of the Lord on ME?" As I further meditated on this God began to show me that His hand is and has been on me. I was reminded of specific prayers I had made (recent ones and some 20 years ago) that God had been answering recently.
  • As I was preparing to do the church-plant in Woodstock I prayed that God would move hearts and send people with me. He did - 50 people in total moved with me from Miami.
  • About 12 years ago I began praying that God would give me apostolic duties, to help churches and church leaders to progress in their ministries. This began to happen last year as I got more involved in our Great Commission church in New Jersey.
  • About 20 years ago I prayed that one day I would be like one of the founders of our movement - Jim McCotter - that I too would preach to thousands. This last Spring God opened the door and I was able to preach to over 3,000 in San Pedro Sula, Honduras

One might think I'm bragging. I'm not. I share this to give glory to God who answers prayer and fulfills dreams, as long as they are consistent with His will.

There is nothing wrong to pray like Jabez "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request." 1 Chronicles 4:10

God granted Jabez's request. He granted Ezra's request. He has and is granting my requests. And He can definitely grant YOUR request if you remain faithful and persistent in prayer and living a life a life that pleases Him.

"For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His." 2 Chronicles 16:9 NASU

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men