What Do I Want?

A new car? A bigger house? Another Hurricanes national championship? Probably the last one more than the first two.

This morning I read:

4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: 6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.
Psalms 37:4-6

If I delight in Him, He will give me the desires of my heart. So what do I desire?

Here is my wish list:
  • That I can fulfill His purpose for my life - to lead a church that is seeing people come to Christ and follow Him with all their heart.
  • That my children would serve Christ and put Him in first place in every area of their lives

I hope and pray that God would fulfill these desires and that His righteousness could shine through me "like the dawn" and His just and gracious cause "like the noonday sun".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men