Final Destiny

In trying times we all believe things will get better. A brighter day is coming. Our hope is found in believing that better things will come tomorrow.

But what do we do when we realize that there is no better tomorrow coming. When we are on the threshold of death and we know that our best days are behind us.

Job found himself in this situation. Because of his physical illness he thought that there was no better days coming - the sun was setting on his life. Yet he dug deep into his soul and found HOPE.

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. 26 And after my skin has been destroyed,yet in my flesh I will see God; 27 I myself will see him with my own eyes — I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!
Job 19:25-27
.
Job found faith, hope, and comfort in his final destiny. He no longer expected a better tomorrow, at least not on earth. But his heart longed to see his Redeemer, in his new heavenly body, with his new eyes, in a new place - a place free from pain and suffering. A place where God his Savior would welcome him in His loving arms forever.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men