Joy of the Lord

This year I have 2 goals:

To learn to love others more and to live in the Joy of the Lord.

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalms 118:24
.
The psalmist implies that rejoicing is a decision. Therefore, I will decide to live in JOY today. I can choose to be angry, bitter, frustrated, or sorrowful today. BUT, I choose to REJOICE.
.
As I was praying and fasting the other day, the Lord gave me 10 reasons I should REJOICE today:
  1. It feels better than the alternative
  2. God commands it (Ps. 118:24; Phil. 3:1; 4:4)
  3. Jesus Christ wills it (John 15:11; 17:13)
  4. The Holy Spirit wants to provide it (Gal. 5:22)
  5. It will strengthen me to be more loving and godly (Neh. 8:11)
  6. God has surrounded me with good people (Phil. 1:5)
  7. The gospel is being preached all around the world (Phil. 1:18)
  8. God is good and I can expect good things in my future (Phil 1:18-19; Jer. 29:11)
  9. Because when I die I will be with Christ which is better than being here on earth (Phil. 1:21)
  10. Everything good in my life is a gift from God above (James 1:17)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men