Respect

In the book "Better Together" (day 17), Rick Warren writes about various aspects of Respect.

In the New Testament alone we are commanded at least 15 times to "respect" others - husbands, wives, bosses, brothers in Christ, and also unbelievers. So this is a serious matter with God.

Day 17 helped me understand various aspects of respect. So my prayer is that I can learn to respect others by:
  1. listening patiently to others, rather than assuming I know what they are going to say or interrupting them.
  2. not gossiping
  3. being tactful when speaking - "speaking the truth in love" (Eph. 4:15)
  4. seeking to understand others, rather than pushing that I be understood
  5. being gentle, not judgemental
  6. being polite even when others are rude to me

Lord help me to "Show proper respect to everyone" 1 Peter 2:17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men