Why should I be Happy Today?

Is God happy today? Should I be happy today?

Clearly God is angry at sin.  Paul wrote that "the wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness" Rom 1:18

But having a big picture/eternal perspective, God is a happy and satisfied God. Because He knows that in the end everything works out according to His purpose. While carrying  the cross Jesus had joy in His heart (Heb. 12:2) as He looked forward to the day  when all his redeemed children would be with Him in heaven forever.

The purpose of the Apostle John writing the book of Revelations was to give us comfort in our trials and troubles knowing that everything will work out in the end - we are going to be with Jesus forever. First will meet Jesus in the air, then we get a brand new perfect body.  Then we get to rule a new Earth with Him for 1000 years and for the grand last scene,  we will spend the rest of eternity walking with Jesus down the streets of gold in the New Jerusalem. Can it get any better than that?

So in the light off all this should I be happy today? If I keep my eyes on my problems and horrible situations then no, I will not be happy. But if I raise my eyes and my mind to see the world and my life the way God sees it, then I can be happy and filled with the joy of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men