God's Looking for a Few Good Men

As I was reading through Job this morning I began to realize how deep this man's character was. His integrity and uprightness came from the core of his inner being - and he knew it. When his friends misdiagnosed his suffering as a result of his wickedness and secret sins he responded to their verbal accusations by saying: "I will never concede that you are right; I will defend my integrity until I die. I will maintain my innocence without wavering. My conscience is clear for as long as I live." Job 27:5-65 NLT

As I kept reading I noticed the righteous character of Job (especially as seen in chapters 29 and 31). Job was a man:
  • of compassion
  • of justice
  • who would not lust after women
  • who was honest (without deceit or falsehood)
  • who was faithful to his wife
  • who treated his employees with dignity and fairness
  • who helped the poor, the widow, and the fatherless
  • who trusted God for his security and not his wealth
  • who did not worship any other god
  • who did not hold grudges nor seek revenge on those who opposed him
  • who was hospitable
  • who would confess his sins to others not caring about his public image

As I read those two chapters God impressed in my heart to pray for the men in our church - That He would raise this kind of men in our church. So I did. Then I looked inward and prayed that God would make of me this kind of man.

Comments

  1. That was one of the first books in the bible I read completely on my way up to camp Kulaqua in 1998 and I must say that it is one of my favorite books in the bible. I was humbled on Job's character. When we have a tiny problem we cry out to God "Why?" yet Job not once did he sin in thought or action during his trials. From this I learned that ONLY God gives & takes away, naked I came & naked I shall leave, and all I have is HIS!

    I will also pray for the men in your church, as well as for the men in our church and for the potential men that our daughters will choose to marry :-]

    God Bless,
    Angie O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Angie. We need to pray that our children would marry godly/kingdom building men and women, not just nice guys and gals.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds