Prayer for our Children

As I sat this morning reading Psalms 72, I noticed for the first time that it is a prayer of David for his son Solomon and his upcoming reign. For Solomon he prays for prosperity, long life, that he would be a blessing to his people and that the people would bless him in return:


After reading this I stopped and prayed for each one of my kids. May they prosper in this life, may they be a blessing and be blessed by others, may they live long and healthy lives, and I added one thing David may not have thought was too important - may my children marry a man and three women who love God with all their heart and are willing to serve him anywhere the Spirit leads them. AMEN!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men