Summoning God's Power

I read an awesome prayer from David this morning - "Summon your power, O God; show us your strength, O God, as you have done before." Psalms 68:28. So I decided to act upon this verse and claim it as mine as I prayed for things that are in my heart. So on July 12, 2007 in a park in Cherokee County, Georgia, I prayed that God would show his power and strength on my behalf (as He had done before for Moses and Joshua). My prayer is that:
  • The Rock Woodstock would reach 250 people in attendance before December 31, 2007
  • We would get $7,000 for the KSU Ministry
  • We would get $50,000/year for staff and special projects
  • We would get more staff to fill key positions of ministry in the church
  • Launch the Web Church within a year

Obviously, it would take God's mighty hand and power to see these prayers become a reality. But the same God that parted the Red Sea and kept the sun still so that Joshua could defeat his enemies is the one I am counting on to come through for me and our ministry at The Rock Woodstock.

Comments

  1. Just remember that all things are possible through christ. Jesus promised that we would do even greater things than he if we just have the faith of a tiny mustard seed.Through him you have the power to make these goals a reality. Be encouraged and never give up on your dreams of expanding your ministry and the kingdom of Jesus Christ. Brother Joel O'steen says to wait with expectantsy. We have a BIG GOD who will do BIG THINGS on our behalf if we just remain steadfast and have faith. I wish you the very best that christ has to offer according to his perfect will for your life and your ministry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men