Abundant Life vs. Puny Insignificant Life

The Life You’ve Always Wanted by John Ortberg
(My Thoughts)

Page 19 – God looked past what Moses was to what he could be. So he chose him for one of the greatest tasks in the history of mankind – to free an enslaved nation of around 1 million people from the greatest power that existed at the time.

God then gave him the one power source to accomplish the mission – Himself. He promised Moses “I will be with you”. What else did he really need?

God has promised me the same thing. Jesus gave us the Great Commission to make disciples of all nations and then gave us his promise, “surely I am with you always to the very end of the age”.

On top of that Jesus promised that the Holy Spirit would be inside of us providing power, direction and comfort.

So like Moses, I must make a decision – to allow God to change me and use me for his purposes OR to shrink back and continue living an insignificant, puny life of self-absorbed existence.

I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
John 10:10 NAS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men