REJOICE

Today I find myself in Honduras on some mountain in the middle of the country. I’m here to pray and fast and seek God’s face with the other pastors from GCLA.

As I sat on a rock overlooking the mountains and valleys, I read Romans 5 through which God reminded me again of my need to “Rejoice” and practice “Joy” in my life.

“Now that we have been put right with God through faith, we have peace with God, through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (Romans 5:1 TEV)

As I read this verse I was able to rejoice today because right now, I enjoy “PEACE with God”. God is holding nothing against me today. I am “right with God”.

Furthermore, by faith, God has brought me “into this experience of God’s grace” in which I now live. (Romans 5:2 TEV) In this experience of God’s grace I now greatly REJOICE! AS one who is “right with God”, is enjoying “peace with God”, and is experiencing “God’s grace” I can, along with Paul boast of “the hope we[I] have of sharing God’s glory.” (Romans 5:2 TEV) One day I will completely, totally, and without limitation share in “God’s glory”. In this I REJOICE!

“But that is not all; we rejoice because of what God has done through our Lord Jesus Christ, who has now made us God’s friends.” (Romans 5:11 TEV)

WOW! Today I choose to REJOICE because I am a friend of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humility

Bad Shepherds

God's Looking for a Few Good Men